Download as a PDF by clicking here.
Organizational Development Consultant
Government of Yukon, Public Service Commission – Training & Development
Location: Whitehorse, YT
Salary: $ 79,667.00 – $109,407.00 per annum
Bring your organizational development expertise as you help strengthen our workforce through corporate learning and leadership development programs
This opening is restricted to persons of Aboriginal Ancestry.
The Aboriginal/non‐Aboriginal composition of Yukon’s population is a major feature of Yukon’s diversity. In Yukon, the achievement of a representative public service is not only desirable, but also grounded in legal agreements between Yukon and First Nations governments. The Yukon Public Service Commission is a governmental agency with a mandate to provide human resource direction, advice and support services to Yukon government departments and employees, to act as the employer on behalf of the Yukon government and to establish and maintain human resource legislation, policies and collective agreements.
Working within this framework and reporting to the Organizational Development Director, you will provide leadership on government-wide organizational development initiatives by providing expert advice and support on corporate learning, talent development, organizational effectiveness and program evaluation. Results oriented, you’re willing to look at innovative means to accomplish goals, especially as you work closely with leaders to support the development and implementation of initiatives at the departmental, branch and work unit level.
- A strong theoretical base in organizational development, human resources, business or public administration
- Progressive management experience in talent management, leadership development, employee experience and culture, and learning & development
- Proven success in identifying systemic issues, arriving at solutions and aligning development strategies with the organization’s strategic plan
- An ability to work constructively with leaders at all levels of the organization, including senior management
- Certification (or willingness to obtain certification) in Organizational Development.
Desired Knowledge, Skills and Suitability
- Skill in developing and implementing diagnostic tools and processes to gather and analyze data
- A solid understanding of procurement principles
- A proven commitment to professional development.
For more information about this position, please contact Diane Reed, Director, Organizational Development Branch at 867.667.8267 or mailto:email@example.com.
This is a permanent, full-time position working 75 hours bi-weekly, in Whitehorse, Yukon.
We are the Yukon public service. Every day, we come together to serve the people who live here, and to make a difference in so many ways—from simple to extraordinary and everything in between. Here, you will find the diverse opportunities you desire to develop your career while enjoying a warm sense of community and vibrant artistic, cultural and recreational amenities, all set in a spectacular natural environment.
How to Apply
To apply for the position of Organizational Development Consultant, and for full details on the requirements of the role, please visit: http://employment.gov.yk.ca.
“Committed to Employment Equity”